Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lasagna

I don't like to cook every night. I like to make a couple of big dishes and eat left over. Lasagna is one dish that gets better with time. I don't measure things out so here is my best guess recipe.





1 package mushrooms
1 eggplant
1 large courgette
1 onion
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 kilo prime mince beef
1 jar of organic sugar free spaghetti sauce

Cook mince and in a separate pan add olive oil, garlic, onion, mushrooms and courgette. After beef is cooked, add veggies and spaghetti sauce to beef and mix. Slice eggplant thin and layer on bottom of baking dish. (I coat the bottom with some sauce to prevent sticking). If you are still eating dairy, add a layer of ricotta cheese mixed with one egg(regular fat) then add beef mixture. Add another layer of eggplant, ricotta and beef mixture. Then bake at 160 Celsius for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is definitely on the menu this weekend!

    ReplyDelete