Friday, June 11, 2010
Introducing Cobb Salad to New Zealand
I really miss being able to order a cobb salad at a local restaurant. If you've never tried one, they are delicious! Here is how to make a meal out of a salad. For dressing, I use balsamic, but there are so many flavors to taste I don't use much.
* mixed greens
* 2 chicken breasts- shredded (can use rotisserie chicken)
* 2 large avocados- sliced
* 1 package cherry tomatos
* 10 slices streaky bacon- crumbled
* 4 hard-boiled eggs- sliced
* raw walnuts (or any type of nut you like)
* Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese (if you are still eating dairy)
Lay greens on a large plate/platter then make alternating rows of each. Tasty!