- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 mild green or red chile peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded/cut in strips
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat if you eat dairy)
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed, sliced
Add the onion, garlic and chile peppers to the oil in the pan and sauté over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and zucchini; cook over high heat for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables have begun to have a blackened look around the edges.
Return the chicken to the pan and heat until sizzling hot. Serve right away, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, and chopped tomatoes.